The arrival of Father’s Day each year is generally a happy occasion for the whole family to celebrate the joys of fatherhood, but how can it be affected by low testosterone? Father’s day could represent the passing of another year, and a further reduction in your vitally important testosterone levels.
Testosterone begins to slowly decline after the age of 30, and as it gradually ebbs away so do many of the fundamental characteristics of masculinity. Low T levels can result in everything from a diminished sexual appetite to loss of muscle strength, and even depression. But, the good news is that there are ways to slow the decline, and even replace lost testosterone if warranted.
Father’s Day Gifts That Fight Low Testosterone
Even though declining testosterone levels are a natural part of aging, it seems to be occurring at a much faster rate these days. You can definitely help dad out in his efforts to stem the tide as much as possible by selecting a gift that both puts a smile on his face, and works to maintain a healthy supply of this vital hormone.
Here are just a few gift giving ideas that are great things to receive, and beneficial to slowing the effects of aging, disease, or environmental exposures on dad’s T-levels.
- Hiking shoes – Experts in the management of hypogonadism (Low T) usually point to vigorous, high-intensity exercise as one of the leading activities that men can engage in to slow the rate of decline. One of the best and most easily accomplished exercises is a regular walk, but you can crank up the intensity by taking your walking path vertical. A great way to encourage and help dad undertake such a beneficial activity is to buy him a new pair of high quality hiking shoes.
- Dumbells – For many aging fathers getting to a gym on a regular basis is tough due to busy schedules and active lives. Yet, another thing Low T experts agree can help slow hormone depletion is strength training with weights. And, it doesn’t take much. Giving dad a few easy to store free weights allows him to keep these valuable exercise tools close to hand so that he can use them on a regular basis without stretching his schedule too thin.
- A new smoker/grill – Eating quality proteins and good fats are paramount to maintaining normal, natural testosterone levels. Also, with a new grill, dad will all of a sudden have an excuse to spend a little more time outside as the weather turns warm. You’ll help him maintain important testosterone balancing vitamin D levels with more sunshine – and improve his diet as well.
- A new pillow – One of the biggest contributors to accelerated testosterone depletion is lack of sufficient sleep. Aging men especially need to get a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep to ensure that their T-levels do not plummet. Giving dad a new, ergonomically designed pillow, is not only a nice treat, but another way to sneak a testosterone supporting device into his life without him even noticing.
- Share a happy story – That’s right, the next time something good happens in your life, let your dad know about it. Why? Because he worries about you, which causes stress. Stress is one of the biggest contributors to rapid loss of healthy T-levels. So, tell your father something good that will help him worry less about you. It may be his favorite gift this year, and it help him fight Low T at the same time.
And, don’t forget that each of these ideas that help to ward off low testosterone work just as well for the giver as they do for the receiver.