He’s tired, moody and uninterested. Could the problem be low testosterone?
Is It Low T?
The symptoms of low testosterone can certainly have an impact on his life and yours. As men age, it is normal for them to lose one percent of their testosterone production each year starting around age 30. However, millions of men experience a more dramatic drop in testosterone levels at far too early an age, resulting in some of the following symptoms:
- decreased sex drive
- difficulty concentrating
- less effective results from good diet and exercise
So, does your husband suffer from low testosterone? The only way to really know is for him to consult with an expert in the field. We offer a free consultation at our Frisco, Lewisville, or Hurst clinics. Your husband can have a definitive answer from dedicated professionals.
Having the Talk
The symptoms add up and you feel confident a consult is the next best step for your husband. It’s time to have “the talk” with your guy, not a fun event to look forward to.
- Plan to talk to him in a distraction-free environment where you will have plenty of privacy to discuss the very personal symptoms he’s been experiencing.
- Understand he may be frustrated and unwilling to discuss the possibility that he has low testosterone. If he doesn’t want to talk about it, provide our Symptoms of Low T eBook for him to read on his own.
- Offer to go with him to the doctor, but understand that he may prefer to go alone.
- Be honest. Let him know you care about his health and well-being and also the success of your relationship.
You’ve had the talk and he agrees it’s time to find out if low t is the culprit. The next step is to schedule a consult with us or his doctor. You may also want to learn more about how long it takes for testosterone therapy work.